I HAVE DIABETES, WHAT NOW?
We know that diabetes can affect you in unpredictable ways, making it hard to know how you’ll feel or what type of activity you should do.
That’s why it’s important to remember that small victories count!
It doesn’t matter if you try something new or just do that little bit more of something you already do. Each step you take to move more can help with managing your condition.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EXERCISING FOR DIABETES?
There are many benefits of being active when you have type 1, type 2, or other types of diabetes.
This is what can happen to you if you exercise:
1. Your body will use insulin better
2. More stable blood pressure (high blood pressure - the risk of diabetes complications)
3. Improves cholesterol (blood fats)
4. Reduces the chance of heart disease
5. It will help you lose weight
6. Give you energy and help you sleep
7. Improves your joints and flexibility
8. Exercise releases endorphins (happy hormones)
9. Being active reduces stress levels and improves low mood